Preparing Global Scholars for Elite Institutions.
Are you a high-achieving international student? Then American Collegiate is the undergraduate transfer experience for you.
This unique program lets you start at the highly-ranked American University in Washington, DC. Get the academic, cultural, and English-vocabulary support necessary to succeed at competitive U.S. universities. Then transfer as an undergraduate student to the school that’s best for achieving your academic goals.
Guaranteed Transfer Admission to American University.
As the host institution for American Collegiate, American University (AU) offers guaranteed transfer admission to students who successfully complete the program and earn a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Students interested in transferring to AU who do not earn at least a 3.0 GPA are still encouraged to apply for transfer admission.
American Collegiate highlights:
- Complete the program and earn more than 30 transferable academic credit hours
- Receive guidance in selecting a major and the best-fit transfer school destination
- Apply as a transfer student anywhere in the U.S. or the world
How It Works
Attend American Collegiate at highly ranked American University
- U.S. capital city of Washington, DC
- 2 to 4 semesters of degree credits
- English, academic, and cultural support
Receive guaranteed acceptance to one of our partner universities *
- Apply to your choice of U.S. universities
- Knowledgeable admissions counselors
- Impartial advice and assistance
For Youyear 2+
Complete your bachelor’s degree without delay
- Supported transition to your new university
- Transfer up to a full year of academic credits
- Stronger English proficiency and academic skills
Host Institution: American University
Spending your first to second year in the American Collegiate program at American University offers great benefits for international students. For instance, student services advisors will help you adjust to the rigorous U.S. academic environment. Plus, you can experience living in one of the most vibrant and international cities in the United States: Washington, DC.
- Small classes:
- Receive more personal attention with an average class size of 23 students.
- Earn more than 30 credits, giving you a competitive edge for transfer to top-tier universities across the US.
- Enjoy museums, entertainment, and local and international food.
- Love American University?
- As the host institution for American Collegiate, American University offers guaranteed transfer admission to students who successfully complete the program with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Students interested in transferring to American University who do not earn a 3.0 GPA are still encouraged to apply for transfer admission.
Did you know? American University has more than 1,500 international students from 128 countries.