Welcome to Your New Home
As an American Access student, you will:
- Live off-campus with other international students in a furnished apartment.
- Be close to international restaurants, including vegetarian and Halal options.
- Have the option to purchase an American University dining plan.
Learn more about American Access housing and dining options below.
Housing: WISH Woodley Park
Bedrooms: 3 double bedrooms
Your room: Shared with one same-gender roommate
Bathroom: Two full bathrooms
Dining: Your choice to cook your own meals, dine at restaurants, or eat on campus
About WISH Woodley Park
- Fully-furnished apartments with utilities included.
- 2 blocks from the Woodley Park/Adams Morgan Metro station.
- Only steps from museums and attractions.
- On-site staff and daily maintenance included.
- Units are gender-separated.
All American Access students are guaranteed program housing as part of the program. Living in this program housing will enhance the student experience and is required.
All costs are displayed in U.S. dollars.
|Advanced First Year/First Year|
|Extended First Year|
*Students cannot complete the program in the summer term. Students who start a 3-term program in the fall or a 2-term program in the spring take the summer off, and return in the fall to complete the program.
Your apartment includes:
- All utilities
- Bed, desk, and chair
- Air conditioning
- Wireless internet
- Cable television
- Free laundry
- Cookware and dishware
- Full kitchen appliances
Your building includes:
- Daily maintenance
- On-site staff
- Access to social events
- Access to a nearby gym
- Location close to restaurants, museums, nightlife, and more
Prayer & Ablution facilities: The Islamic Center of Washington is a mosque and Islamic cultural center in Washington, DC. It is located on Embassy Row on Massachusetts Avenue, just east of the bridge over Rock Creek. Students also have access to American University’s Kay Spiritual Life Center.
American Access students have many options when it comes to food. Shopping for ingredients at DC’s many ethnic and specialty markets. Trying fun new restaurants around the city. Even catching up with friends on campus at AU’s all-you-care-to-eat dining hall.
Prepare Your Own Meals
Your apartment at WISH Woodley Park includes a full kitchen. So you can make food from your home country, learn to cook American favorites, or experiment cooking cuisine from around the world.
Your furnished apartment includes:
- The option to cook when you want.
- A full kitchen, including kitchen appliances.
- Cookware and dishware.
Eat at Restaurants
Washington, DC has many delicious restaurants serving food from around the world. Wherever you are in the city, you can easily find something good to eat.
Here are some of the foods you can find around your apartment, the AU campus, and the city of DC:
- American favorites, including hamburgers, fried chicken, and pizza.
- Local DC specialties, like crabcakes, half-smoke sausages, and Ethiopian food.
- Middle Eastern, French, Japanese, Italian, and other international cuisines.
Looking for nearby halal options? Try Halal Kabob House in Adams Morgan, Halal Gyro Plus at 17th and K, or Sacrificial Lamb Kabobs & Wraps in Dupont Circle.
Buy an American University meal plan
Want a convenient and delicious way to eat on campus? For an additional cost, American Access students can purchase a meal plan that includes 50 to 250 meals per semester.
Students are encouraged to wait until after they arrive in DC to decide if they want a meal plan.
- Choose from seven plans, from 50 meals to 250 meals per semester.
- Dine at nine locations, including all-you-care-to-eat meals at the Terrace Dining Room.
For more information about costs and details on dining options available on campus, please click the link below.